Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Little About Myself

Welcome to my blog. Here, I will discuss my thoughts on technology.

My name is Calvin Liang, and I am a freshman at Northeastern Illinois University. I am a business major, but I am also really interested in computer science. I intend to finish my general education at NEIU before transferring to another school. My hobbies are playing basketball, riding my bike, and just hanging out with my friends.

I feel that a course can take full advantage and effectively integrate blogs, Twitter, and other web 2.0 technologies into the class by learning about such technologies, and of course, working with them. According to the article "60 Ways To Use Twitter In The Classroom By Category," a NIU professor uses Twitter as a bulletin board for students. He keeps his students updated with the latest news, for example if class was to be canceled at the last minute. I think this is a brilliant way to integrate Twitter in the course. It is a great way for the professor and students to communicate outside of the classroom because there is a limited amount of time students get to be in a classroom. With social media networks like Twitter, professors and the students can keep in contact outside of class.

http://www.teachthought.com/social-media/60-ways-to-use-twitter-in-the-classroom-by-category/

No comments:

Post a Comment